You need Administrator Rights to Fix the issue
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Recommended Alternative Fix
Sometime Windows does not detect your headset when you plug it in and the only way to fix this is to remove the device from device manager.
If you are not an administrator on the computer, you can not do this, so it it does happens, then best option is to have something like a USB to 3.5mm Jack adapter.
We have used this one from Amazon and found it very useful.
Removing the Windows Drivers
If your problem is caused by an audio driver, you can also try uninstalling your audio driver via Device Manager, then restart your laptop, and Windows will reinstall a driver for your audio device.
- Press the Windows logokey and R at the same time to open the Run box.
- Type devmgmt.msc and press Enterto access Device Manager.
- Expand Sound, video and game controllers.
- Right-click on your audio device, and select Uninstall device.
- Click Uninstallas confirmation.
- Restart your computer, and Windows will automatically install a new audio driver.
- Check if your laptop can now detect your headphones.