Please take time to read this!
TABLE OF CONTENTS
Microsoft provides enhanced login security, that stops phishing email from gaining access to your Office 365
account and using this to send out malicious phishing email as you.
There are two main methods for Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA);
- A text message is sent to your registered Mobile
- The Microsoft Authentication App that you install on your smart phone
You can choose whether to use text messaging or the authentication App
Start of MFA Wizard
There are 2 Methods Listed in this Guide, SMS and Microsoft Authenticator App.
If you want to use the Authenticator App then you need to scroll further down this guide.
- Sign in at https://portal.office.com
- You will see
- Check this is your Email Address.
- Click Next.
- You will then be asked which method to use
- Click on the Drop Down and choose either Authentication Phone (2) or Mobile App (3),
NOTE: if field (4) is empty, you can add your mobile number in.
Follow the correct version Below.
MirrorSphere Recommends this option.
MFA using Microsoft Authentication App (3)
|1: In the drop down, make sure you have chosen Mobile App (1)|
|2: If you Choose (2) Receive notifications for Verification when you sign in to Microsoft, your|
phone will pop up a notification, like the below images:
|3: Open the Notification and then you will see|
|4: You can then Approve or Deny.|
|If you Choose (3) Use Verification Code when you sign in, you open the Mobile App and enter|
the 6 digits shown.
MirrorSphere recommends that you choose the 'Use Verification Code'.
3. You will see an image like below with a QR Code in, keep this open and install the App.
- Install the Mobile App, from the Apple App Store or Google Play Store
- Search for Microsoft Authentication App, you should see something like the below Image
- Click on Skip until you see Add Work Account
- Press on Add work Account.
- Your Camera will open and you need to point it at the QR code shown on Screen
- You may see on Screen, whilst you are configuring the app
- Then the Mobile App has been Configured
- Click Next
- Check that your Mobile Number is Correct, if not raise a ticket to support to get the information
- Click Done
- You will then be asked about additional security.
- Ensure that you have two options checked (1) (2)
- Check that your Phones numbers are correct (3) (4), if not raise a ticket to get them updated.
- Click on Cancel if you are not adding any other methods (5)