To use this feature, your machine will need to be running Windows 10. You will also need access to email or a phone to communicate with the agent who will be dialling into your machine and will be communicating a code to you, (which is valid for up to 10 minutes).
- Once your IT provider has made contact with you, search for Quick Assist
- This window will then appear
- Your IT provider will have generated a code which will be valid for 10 minutes. Enter this into the blank box
- Once you clicked share screen, the agent will choose whether they are taking control of your machine or just viewing your screen, during which time you'll see this screen:
- You will then be asked to grant the agent access to your machine when they have selected remote control or screen viewing
- Click Allow; then you will see a border around the edge of your screen to indicate that screen sharing has begun