How to move your Dropbox folder
- Click the Dropbox icon in the menu bar.
- Click Preferences (Linux), or your avatar (profile picture or initials) (macOS and Windows)
- Click Sync (on macOS you’ll first need to click Preferences…).
- Click Move… (Linux and Windows), or Dropbox location (macOS).
- Select the new location for your Dropbox folder.
- Let Dropbox move your folder and its contents to the new location.
If you've connected a personal and a work Dropbox, you'll see both of your Dropbox accounts listed. Select the correct tab before moving the Dropbox folder location.
Your Dropbox folder will keep the same name as before, and can't be renamed during the move process. Dropbox will not sync your folder if it has been manually renamed or moved through your operating system. If Dropbox loses track of your folder, it will attempt to re-sync the folder in its entirety using its last known location.