In the newer releases of Windows, Microsoft implemented something called 'Storage Sense'which helps automatically manage some of the OneDrive Cloud based and locally cached files.
For OneDrive Statuses Click Here
For OneDrive File Management Click Here
- Click on the Start Button
- Click on the Settings\Cog Icon
- When Windows Settings Appears, in the search box type in Storage Sense, then clcik on TurnOn
- Ensure that the Slider is over at ON, if not click on it to enable it
- Then click on Configure Storage Sense or run it now
- Work your way down each Option, below are only recommendations and you should decide what is best for you.
- Run Storage Sense = Every Week
- Temporary File = Delete temporary files that my apps aren't use = Checked
- Delete files in my recycle bin if they have been there for over = 30 days
- Delete files in my Downloads folder if they haven't been opened for more that = 30 days
- Locally available cloud content (note that if you are using OneDrive to Synchronize SharePoint Document Libraries, each synced one is listed and you can choose different options per library
- Click on Clean Now